Do you have 12 minutes to do something great for yourself? Something funny and inspiring that could potentially change your life? Then you should watch the TED Talk The Happy Secret to Better Work by Shawn Achor. It’s an amusing talk about the power of positive psychology that teaches you how and why you should strive for happiness now instead of thinking that you’ll be happier when you achieve that next milestone.
Take a look:
Here are the things I learned from this video:
- I want to be above the curve in terms of happiness and I want to help others get there, too. In fact, I’d like to help change the curve.
- How to change the lens through which I see the world.
- I want to see stress as a challenge.
- When dopamine floods our system, it doesn’t just make you happier, it turns on all the learning centers of the brain.
- I can rewire my brain with simple steps in just two minutes a day.
If you enjoyed the video, you might want to check out Shawn’s book. I haven’t read it yet but I’m looking forward to it!
I hope you enjoyed the video. I’ll be back on Wednesday with a motivating podcast that will help you get started on a small business you’ve been thinking about or maybe just an idea you may have. Until then take 2 minutes to get that dopamine flowing so you can be happy!
Thanks for visiting. Please subscribe on the bottom of the page if you’d like an email when I post. Comments are like gold to a blogger and shares are like diamonds. A growing blog makes a blogger happy. New here? Check out my About page to see what this blog is all about and to learn more about me. Click to follow me on FACEBOOK. Click to follow me on TWITTER.
All the best,
Question of the day. What makes you happy?